Matthew 18:20 - "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."
"It was to the glory of God that the Midland Park Methodist Church was launched. It is to the glory of Methodism that it has achieved more than its dreamers dared hope that might come to pass; but thus it ever is with those who, in expectancy of great things from God, dare to attempt great things for God." - Mrs. Elizabeth Hutson Riddle Taylor: Charter Member
In-Person Worship to Resume on Sunday, September 27th, 2020!
We are pleased to announce that Midland Park UMC will resume worship services! Please take a moment to look over our guidelines. We look forward to seeing you in worship.
GUIDELINES FOR THE REOPENING OF MIDLAND PARK UMC
- Sunday School & Communion: postponing for a time.
- Temperature Check: take a temperature check on all worshippers. If anyone has a temperature of 100.4 they will be asked to return home.
- Greeters: will keep the entrance door open to limit physical contact with door handles by worshippers. No physical handshaking or hugging.
- Register Worshippers: a register will be maintained with the names of the worshippers.
- Face Masks: are required for all worshippers. Please bring your own to wear during worship. Some will be available for those that do not have one.
- Doors: will be labeled Entrance Only and one for Exit Only.
- Offering:we will avoid passing an offering plate, which can spread germs. An offering collection point will be assigned.
- Cancelling church-wide meals:Because potluck and shared meals can lead to transmission of disease, church-wide meals and gatherings are canceled for a time.
- Cancelling or postponing additional church gatherings and events:cancelling gatherings and events outside of worship services to include UMW, UMM, Prime Timers, and church meetings.
- Use of Church and rental of Family Center: postpone or cancel any use of facilities to outside entities.
- Bathrooms: members are encouraged to use bathrooms at home to eliminate the use of church facilities. If bathrooms are used, please defer to the “sign” instructing users to wipe down the areas they touched by using the disinfecting wipes.
- Water fountains: will not be in operation. Tape will be over the fountain. Members are encouraged to provide their own water.
- Pews: cushions have been removed. Families can sit together on one pew. Please ensure 6 feet clearance of worshippers sitting in the pews.
- Coffee and Snacks: discontinued for a time.
- Literature: hymnals, bibles, pencils, welcome cards, and offering cards from back of pews have been removed.
- Bulletins: have been placed on pews so that only that person sitting there will touch it. People are asked not to touch the stack of bulletins. Please take bulletins home with when you leave worship.
- Choirs: discontinued for a time.
To God Be The Glory - Performed: By Denton Matthews
Please visit our YouTube channel for more piano solos by Denton Matthews.
Welcome! Take A Moment To Get To Know Us!
Ministries that Midland Park UMC Support
Come be a part of our church!
Hours of Worship:
CHURCH SCHOOL: Beginning at 9:45 a.m. in individual classes (CHURCH SCHOOL STILL ON HOLD) WORSHIP SERVICE: Beginning at 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary